Sunday, July 21, 2013

Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara



Armani Eyes to Kill is such a coveted mascara, the idea of there being an Armani Eyes to Kill Excess seemed like too good to be true, so of course I had to give it a try. Aramani claims it to be more volumizing and blacker than the original formula. They also refer to it as the "ultimate weapon in eye seduction", so there's that...

Armani Eyes to Kill Excess has a standard bristle wand that's a little bit curvier than the original. The bristles on the wand aren't as uniform and more dense than the original, which might contribute to the volumizing claims. The formula is very wet, almost mousse-y. It applies smoothly and gives the lashes a feathery appearance, adding a lot of thickness at the base. As they claim, it's an intensely black formula, making it seem like an amped up version of the original; however, I do have a little bit of a bone to pick. I never seem to get the length that I want out of this mascara, and my natural response is always to put more on. Since the formula is so light and wet, it makes it really hard to build up. On top of that, the wand doesn't do a great job of separating the lashes, so it's a good idea to have a lash comb or extra spoolie on hand.


Overall, I do feel like Armani was a little in over their heads deeming this mascara Eyes to Kill Excess. I think it's good mascara, just not better than the original. I actually think this formula with the original wand might be a better combination. If you tend to go for lengthening mascaras (like myself) this might not be for you, but it does give a dramatic look none-the-less. 

This mascara retails for $30 at nordstrom.com, bloomingdales.com, and giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com




No comments:

Post a Comment