Monday, June 10, 2013

Kérastase Cristalliste Bain Cristal Shampoo and Lumiere Liquide Review



These two products come from Kerastase's Cristalliste line, which is designed for long hair. The line claims to liven up dull hair, adding silkiness and shine, without weighing down roots. The products shown here are the Shampoo for thick hair and the serum. For reference, I have long, relatively thick, straight/wavy hair; I haven't colored it in a few years, but I do use heat on it most days. One of my main "hair problems" is finding products that are nourishing enough for my dry ends but light enough so my hair has volume. Based on the claims, I naturally gravitated towards these products. 

The shampoo I've used entirely, and I have to say it was really nice. A little goes a long way, it has a very pleasant scent (sweet-pea, maybe), and most importantly- it lived up to it's claims. After use, I found that my hair was more manageable and shiny. It also provided volume comparable to standard volumizing/clarifying shampoos, but it didn't feel stripped. The only disappointment I had was that I felt like my hair got used to it very quickly. Beauty myth or not, if I purchase this again, I will rotate it with other products more regularly. The steep price of this product has me looking at alternatives. I've had my eye on the Nexxus Hydra-Light Weightless Moisture and Redken Clear Moisture shampoos; they seem like they might be promising. 

The serum is meant to add shine, soften, and nourish brittle ends, and it's perfection. Honestly though, I have a huge love/hate relationship with this product. Don't let the pump fool you; the viscosity of the product is almost like water. It's SO thin, which makes it amazing, because it doesn't weigh down long hair; however, it also makes it really easy to go through. I've limited myself to using this for special occasions and when my hair really needs it. Kerastase makes a lot of their serums in 3.4 oz bottles- I don't know why this is only 1.7 oz! Anyways, it's great if you have the funds. It seals the hair's cuticle and makes your hair look so healthy. When I use this, I apply it to the lengths and ends of damp hair. Since it's so wet, I avoid putting it directly onto dry hair, because it can make it appear stringy and tends to ruin any prior styling. 

I can't say these are products I will always have in stock, soley based on their prices, but if you're really needing something that'll work and are willing to spend a little extra- I'd say go for it. Especially the serum. The line also has a shampoo for thin hair, a conditioner, and recently they've released a sculpting serum and hair mask (which I'm lusting over). 

The shampoo retails for $39 and the serum for $42. You can find these at kerastase.com (subscribe to their mailing list for coupons) and the birchbox shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment